Current Position:Assistant Profesor at University Rey Juan Carlos
Department of Physics
A. Wagemakers and F. J. Escribano434 pages Editorial Dextra, 2017
- F. J. Escribano, J. B. Sáez-Landete and A. Wagemakers. Chaos-Based Multicarrier VLC Modulator with Compensation of LED Nonlinearity. IEEE Transactions on Communication, 2018.
- A. Wagemakers, J. Used and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Reducing the number of time delays in coupled dynamical systems. EPJ Special Topics, 2018.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Ascertaining when a basin is Wada: the merging method. Sci. Rep. 8, 9954, 2018.
- A. Wagemakers and F. J. Escribano. Software-Defined Radio Proof-of-Concept for Chaos-Based Coded Modulations. In proceedings of the 22nd IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, 2017.
- A. Wagemakers and M. A. F. Sanjuán. A new method to reduce the number of time delays in a network. Sci. Rep. 7, 2744, 2017.
- A. Daza, B. Georgeot, D. Guéry-Odelin, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Chaotic dynamics and fractal structures in experiments with cold atoms Phys. Rev. A, 95:013629, 2017.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Wada property in systems with delay, Commun in Nonlinear Sci and Numer Simulat, 43:220-226, 2017.
- F. J. Escribano, J. B. Sáez-Landete and A. Wagemakers. Optimization of Chaos-based Coded Modulations for Compensation of Amplifier Nonlinearities. Electronic letters, 52:1855-1857, 2016.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, B. Georgeot, D. Guéry-Odelin, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Basin entropy: a new tool to analyze uncertainty in dynamical systems. Scientific Reports, 6, 31416, 2016.
- F. Escribano, G. Kaddoum, A. Wagemakers and P. Giard. Design of a New Differential Chaos-Shift-Keying System For Continuous Mobility, IEEE Transactions on Communications, 64:2066-2078, 2016.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, M. A. F. Sanjuán and James A. Yorke. Testing for Basins of Wada. Scientific Reports, 5:16579, 2015.
- M. Uzuntarla, E. Yilmaz, A. Wagemakers and M. Ozer. Vibrational Resonance in a heterogeneous scale free network of neurons. Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, 22:367-374, 2015.
- A. Nordenfelt, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Cyclic motifs as the governing topological factor in time-delayed oscillator networks. Phys Rev. E 90:052920, 2014.
- A. Wagemakers, E. Barreto, M. A. F. Sanjuán, and P. So. Control of Collective Network Chaos. Chaos, 24:023127, 2014.
- A. Nordenfelt, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Frequency dispersion in the time delayed Kuramoto model. Phys. Rev. E, 89:032905, 2014.
- F. J. Escribano, A. Wagemakers and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Chaos-Based Turbo Systems in Fading Channels, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I, 61(2):530-541, 2014.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Strong Sensitivity of the Vibrational Resonance Induced by Fractal Structures. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 23(7):1350129, 2013.
- A. Wagemakers y M. A. F. Sanjuán. Electronic circuit implementation of the chaotic Rulkov neuron model, The Jounal of the Franklin Institute, 350:2901-2910, 2013.
- A. Daza, A. Wagemakers, S. Rajasekar and M. A. F. Sanjuán. Vibrational resonance in a time delay genetic network. Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, 18:411-416, 2013.
- J. Used, A. Wagemakers y M. A. F. Sanjuán. Regularization of map-based neuron models using phase control, Discontinuity, Nonlinearity and Complexity, 1(1):69-78, 2012
- A. Wagemakers, F. J. Escribano, L. López, M. A. F. Sanjuán. Fixed-Point Iterative Decoders for Concatenated Chaos-Based Systems. IET Communications, 6:1278-1283, 2012.
- S. Rajasekar, J. Used, A. Wagemakers y M. A. F. Sanjuán. Vibrational Resonance in Biological Nonlinear Maps, Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat, 17:3435-3445, 2012.
- A. Wagemakers, S. Zambrano y M. A. F. Sanjuán. Partial Control of Trasient Chaos in Electronic Circuits, Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, 22:1250032, 2012.
- A. Wagemakers and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Dynamical and Electronic Simulation of Genetic Networks: Modelling and Synchronization", ERCIM News82, 39-40, 2010
- I. T. Tokuda, A. Wagemakers and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Predicting the synchronization of a network of electronic repressilators", Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos, 20, 1751-1760, 2010
- A. Wagemakers, J. M. Buldú, M. A. F. Sanjuán, Oscar Luis, Adriana Izquierdo and Antonio Coloma. "Entraining synthetic genetic oscillators", CHAOS, 033139, 2009
- A. Wagemakers, J. M. Buldú, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Experimental demonstration of bidirectional chaotic communication by means of isochronal synchronization'', Europhys. Lett. 81, 40005 2008.
- J. M. Buldú, A. Wagemakers, M. A. F. Sanjuán, Antonio Coloma, and Oscar de Luís. "Redes genéticas sintéticas: De lo simple a lo complejo''. Revista Española de Física 21, 10 2007.
- I. Tokuda, A. Wagemakers, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Predicting Synchronization of an Electronic Genetic Network''. Bussei Kenkyu 87, 550 2007.
- J. M. Buldú, A. Wagemakers, M. A. F. Sanjuán, and Jordi García-Ojalvo. "Electronic design of synthetic genetic networks''. Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos 17, 3507 2007.
- A. Wagemakers, J. M. Buldú, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Isochronous synchronization in mutually coupled chaotic circuits''. Chaos 17, 023128 2007.
- A. Wagemakers, J. M. Buldú, J. García-Ojalvo, and M. A. F. Sanjuán. "Synchronization of electronic genetic networks''. Chaos 16, 013127 2006.
- A. Wagemakers, J. M. Casado, M. A. F. Sanjuán, and K. Aihara."Building electronic bursters with the Morris-Lecar neuron model''. Int. J. Bifurcation and Chaos 16, 3617 2006.
- Alexandre Wagemakers, Alvar Daza, and Miguel A. F. Sanjuán. Electronic Modeling of Synthetic Genetic Networks. In K. Iniewski and S. Carrara, editors,Handbook of Bioelectronics. Directly interfacing electronics and biological systems. Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Alexandre Wagemakers and Miguel A. F. Sanjuán, editors. Physics of Complex Systems and Life Sciences. Research Signpost, India, (2008). Note: ISBN:978-81-308-0170-4.
- Alexandre Wagemakers and Miguel A. F. Sanjuán. Physics of Complex Systems and Life Sciences, chapter Simulation of a genetic oscillator with electronic circuits, 193. Research Signpost, India, ISBN:978-81-308-0170-4, (2008).
PhD ThesisElectronic Modelling of Complex Dynamics, November 2008.
Master ThesisSincronización de circuitos caóticos para las comunicaciones privadas, October 2003.
BiophysicsMaster in Complexity
Dynamical Models in BiologyMaster in Complexity
||Exercises (in Spanish)|
Dynamical Systems LabsMaster in Complexity
Electromagnetic Propagation modelsMaster in mobile networks
Slides (in spanish):
Tema 1: Introduction
Tema 2: Deterministic models
Tema 3: Propagation in urban scenarios
Tema 4: Stochastic models I
Tema 5: Stochastic models II
Distribution of the Electrical EnergyMaster in mobile networks
Physics Ifor engineers
Physics IIfor engineers and scientists
Circuit Theoryfor engineers
Introduction to acousticsfor engineers
|2008-2000||Lecture notes (in Spanish)|
Computer sciencefor engineers
Side projectsHere you can find some projects that I developed for fun or for teaching.
Picture of the chaotic trajectory of a double pendulum. The photograph has been taken with a digital camera
in long exposure mode. A similar picture has been published
in the FotCiencia 2008 catalog.
Pictures of the chaotic trajectory of a double pendulum.
The photograph was made with a digital camera in long exposure mode.
The double pendulum is a very simple mechanical system that behave in a fascinating way. It consists in two articulated rods that are linked together. Each one can rotate freely on its axis.
If we stick a little laser led on the end of the lower rod, we can capture its motion with a camera. Results are beautiful:
Rotating Field Animations
Simulation of a rotating magnetic field with Matlab. The field is generated by three winding feeded by a triphasic AC source. The phase difference between each winding and the spatial shift make the magnetic field rotating at the same frequency than the electrical current.
The Maxwell equations were solved with Matlab and then plotted with Matlab for each time frame.
Cycloids and bridges
As you ride your bicycle, without knowing you are drawing beautiful curves called cycloids. We took this picture with my collegues Alvar Daza and Rubén Capeans in Madrid near the bridge of Toledo. We attached two led flashlight on the wheels and just ride the bike while the camera was capturing the movement.
Up to now we have two examples programmed: